Sample Universe Case Study:
Respondent Qualifying Criteria
- Respondent must be an amateur video and audio software editor.
- Respondent must own a video and/or audio editing software product; purchased under $200.
We could either go out to the general population to see what percentage would qualify or we could use available targeting like:
Available Counts/Possible Targeting Options
- Mac Users – As a group, they do more editing and creative manipulation projects than PC users
- Very Interested in Computers and Very interested in Fine Arts – higher incidence of editing
- Very Interested in Computers and Very interested in Music – slightly higher incidence of editing
- Very Interested in Computers and Very interested in Photography – higher incidence of editing
It would be important for us to know the end client of the research or at least to make sure that the targeting options we use are appropriate for your end client. For example, if your end client was a PC software provider, then using Mac users as a targeting would not give an accurate indication of their customer behavior, perception in the marketplace, etc.